Sunday, June 28

in the morning, you know we won't remember a thing

hello world

I like to write stories about parties. I normally spend the day after a party recovering and writing out what happened so that I don't forget. I know, what a crazy hobby I have!
This one's about Alex's! It was actually nine pages long... but I'm only giving you the first bit :)

APPLE SOURZ AFTER HOURS

I know I’m at Nat’s house before I open my eyes. The musty, friendly scent of her house filters through my nostrils and I smile. I blearily open my eyes to see Natalya sitting on the sofa opposite me with an outrageously huge mug of tea. It’s good to see something familiar, and I pull the blue blanket round me tighter and snuggle down on the sofa a little more.
The blue blanket…
Something digs into my wrist and I moan and pull my arm out from under me to find the source of the pain. It’s a bracelet with circular beads.
That’s not mine…
My mouth feels like it’s coated with sandpaper. I run my tongue over my cheeks and teeth. Euw, there’s something stuck in my mouth… chewing gum.
When did I eat a chewing gum…?
I peer at Natalya. The remains of make-up on her face. The burn under her eye. My bag lying open on the floor, it’s contents spewed across the carpet. The almost empty bottle of Apple Sourz lying on its side at the end of the sofa.
And then I remember. It’s the remembering that’s the worst bit.“Oh, fuck,” I say.

I hope you all had a good time. I know I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment